Durham is a historic city in England. The city has various educational museums for the visitors that display its rich history. Durham University has a botanical garden with tropical plants and a museum that exhibits artefacts of the Asian and Egyptian culture for tourists.
Places to visit-
- Durham Cathedral- It is an iconic Roman building which still stands erect for the Catholics by the grace of God.
- Durham Castle- It is a magnificent castle with a University college in the castle.
- Durham University Botanical Garden- The garden displays living collections in the mature woodlands.
- Wharton Park- A huge park with a picturesque view and numerous playgrounds for kids.
- Finchale Priory- It harbours the ancient stone remains of a priory.
- Durham University Oriental Museum- It displays the classic and medieval art works of the Middle East.
- Maiden Castle Durham- It is a historic landmark in Durham city.
- Old Durham Gardens- These display large variety of tropical plants.
- Jame’s Hill
- Great High Wood
Places to stay-
- Durham Marriott Hotel- A posh hotel on the riverside offering a hip barbeque restaurant, a tapas bar and a spa service.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Durham- It is alongside the river with a beautiful view and delicious Italian food that can make your vacation a memorable one.
- Travelodge Durham- It is a budget hotel with a free parking space for the guests and has free Wi Fi.
- Premier Inn Durham City Centre- It is a budget hotel with modern well equipped and fully furnished rooms for a comfortable stay.